- 4 6-ounce fresh hamburger patties
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/2 rings
- Oil for brushing
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Small bunch of watercress
- 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hearty rolls, split
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the portobellos and onions with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for approximately five minutes per side or until dark grill marks have formed and slightly softened. Set aside and once cool enough to manage, thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Season burger patties with salt and pepper and grill until desired doneness.
- Add the burgers to the buns and divide the topping ingredients evenly over the burgers and serve.
Our Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon is especially delicious when served with this burger recipe. As the first wine we ever made, it meets our highest standards for quality, featuring a round and juicy taste. You’ll love how its flavors of toasted hazelnut, blackberry, and cinnamon and hints of vanilla and toasted oak pair with the taste of a grilled burger and portobello mushrooms. If you’re looking for more wines to complement this dish, check out some of our other favorites below:
- Legacy Red Blend
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon
- North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
- Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon
Looking for more ideas about foods to pair our Cabernet Sauvignon with? We also love serving it with well-seasoned meats, like lamb, beef, or pork, and delicious chocolate desserts.More Details