Flank Steak with Josh Cabernet Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
“When I started my first sommelier job, I invited my parents for dinner at the upscale restaurant where I worked and bought my dad the biggest steak on the menu. This recipe always reminds me of that night: one of the proudest moments of my life.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
A cut of steak and a glass of wine go hand-in-hand. This combination inspired our experts to craft our Flank Steak with Josh Cabernet Chimichurri Sauce recipe to pair with our Cabernet Sauvignon. Give yourself a night to remember by making this steak for guests or a date night.
- 1 flank steak (about 1 ¾ to 2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Josh Cabernet Sauvignon, divided
- 5 garlic cloves chopped (about 2 Tbsp.), divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- Place flank steak in shallow baking dish. Combine 1/4 cup wine and 1 Tbsp. garlic in small bowl. Pour over steak and refrigerate 2 hours. Turn steak, and marinate another 2 hours.
- Mix salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Combine olive oil, 2 Tbsp. wine, remaining garlic, parsley, oregano, chili flakes, and ½ teaspoon of the salt & pepper mixture in a blender or food processor. Blend, then transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Heat grill to high. Remove steak from marinade and season both sides with salt & pepper mixture. Grill about 4-5 minutes per side depending on thickness of steak, turning once. (The internal temperature in the thickest section of steak is 125°F for medium rare.) Remove steak from grill, cover and let rest 8-10 minutes.
- Slice steak and serve with sauce.