Flank Steak with Josh Cabernet Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
“When I started my first sommelier job, I invited my parents for dinner at the upscale restaurant where I worked and bought my dad the biggest steak on the menu. This recipe always reminds me of that night: one of the proudest moments of my life.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
A cut of steak and a glass of wine go hand-in-hand. This combination inspired our experts to craft our Flank Steak with Josh Cabernet Chimichurri Sauce recipe to pair with our Cabernet Sauvignon. Give yourself a night to remember by making this steak for guests or a date night.
- 1 flank steak (about 1 ¾ to 2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Josh Cabernet Sauvignon, divided
- 5 garlic cloves chopped (about 2 Tbsp.), divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- Place flank steak in shallow baking dish. Combine 1/4 cup wine and 1 Tbsp. garlic in small bowl. Pour over steak and refrigerate 2 hours. Turn steak, and marinate another 2 hours.
- Mix salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Combine olive oil, 2 Tbsp. wine, remaining garlic, parsley, oregano, chili flakes, and ½ teaspoon of the salt & pepper mixture in a blender or food processor. Blend, then transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Heat grill to high. Remove steak from marinade and season both sides with salt & pepper mixture. Grill about 4-5 minutes per side depending on thickness of steak, turning once. (The internal temperature in the thickest section of steak is 125°F for medium rare.) Remove steak from grill, cover and let rest 8-10 minutes.
- Slice steak and serve with sauce.
Our Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon was the wine that started it all and set the exacting standards we hold ourselves to. This wine has flavors of toasted hazelnut, cinnamon, and blackberry and hints of vanilla and toasted oak, making it an excellent complement to our steak recipe. Some other wines that pair well with this dish include:
- Legacy Red Blend
- Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon
- North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon
When you want to serve our Cabernet Sauvignon with other dishes, we recommend you pair it with chocolate desserts or well-seasoned meats like lamb, beef, and pork.More Details
Cabernet Sauvignon pairings you may like
Our favorite dishes for every occasion