Sweet and Spicy Crusted Slow-Cooked Ribs
“I prefer a classic dry rub on my ribs and this easy-to-make recipe never disappoints. The flavors combine for a perfect balance of sweet, salty with a hint of spice!” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
Our Sweet and Spicy Crusted Slow-Cooked Ribs recipe is designed with a classic dry rub that is earthy, sweet, salty with a kick of spice. We suggest pairing this dish with our Legacy Red Blend to bring out the brown sugar flavors in the rub. Serve this with cornbread, biscuits, or other buttery sides to best complement.
- 2 tablespoons pimentón (smoked paprika)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, preferably dark
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds baby back pork ribs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, brown sugar, salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and chili flakes.
- Pat the pork ribs dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet. Rub the pork all over with the spice rub, being conscientious about getting the rub into all the little crevices. (If you have leftover rub, it will hold in an airtight container for up to two months.)
- Transfer the pork to the oven and roast until the ribs can be easily separated, about 21/2 to 3 hours. Check the pork every hour or so and baste it with any fat in the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately.
We suggest our Legacy Red Blend as the perfect pair for our Sweet and Spicy Crusted Slow-Cooked Ribs recipe. This red blend has a rich, velvety texture that cuts through the fattiness of the pork. If you’re looking for alternatives to our Legacy Red Blend, we suggest the below varietals to serve with our Sweet and Spicy Crusted Slow-Cooked Ribs recipe:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon
- Reserve North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
- Reserve Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon
Looking to try other food pairings with our Legacy Red Blend? We suggest pairing this wine with leg of lamb, hearty meat pasta sauces or grilled skirt steak.More Details
Pairings you may like
Our favorite dishes for every occasion