Internet Explorer is no longer supported. Please upgrade your browser
or visit our site on another browser like Chrome or Edge.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Cranberry Sauce
- 1 round (7 to 8 oz.) wheel of brie or camembert cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flour for rolling out pastry
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange
- To make the sauce, add the cranberries, sugar, water, salt and zest to a pot. Simmer on medium, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the fruit is soft. Allow to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out the sheet of puff pastry a bit to smooth out the folds. Place the wheel of cheese in the center and a mound of the cranberry sauce on top.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry and, using a pastry brush, seal all the edges with the beaten egg. Brush the entire outside of the dough with the egg and sprinkle on some seal salt.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the pastry is a light golden brown. Serve warm with slices of apple.