- 5 to 6 ounces arugula, spinach or chard, stemmed and sliced into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 8 large organic eggs
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 3 or 4 slices prosciutto, torn into strips.
- Put the greens in a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss the greens with your hands to coat the leaves.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add the red pepper flakes and parmesan. Pour the egg mixture over the greens and stir them together.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron skillet or 9-inch omelet pan on medium-high. Pour in a film of olive oil and let it heat.
- Add the frittata mixture and let it cook briskly, lifting the edges with a spatula and tilting the pan to help the bottom set.
- Reduce the heat to prevent the bottom from over-browning and quickly arrange the sliced mozzarella and prosciutto over the surface. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the pan, then carefully invert the frittata onto the plate.
- Return the pan to the heat, add a touch more olive oil, and slip the frittata back into the pan, uncooked side down, for another 2 minutes. (Alternatively, leave the frittata in the pan and finish under a broiler). Slide the frittata onto a platter. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Ease into the day with a glass of Josh Cellars Rosé and a slice of our Goat Cheese Frittata. Our crisp and bright Rosé has hints of nectarine and flavors of strawberry and white peach, making it an excellent wine for brunch. If you’re interested in having a few different wine selections at your next brunch, check out some of our other suggested Josh Cellars wines to pair below:
Our Josh Cellars Rosé doesn’t just pair well with our Goat Cheese Frittata. We also love serving it with chilled seafood, grilled fish, and summer salads, meaning you can always find a meal to pair it with at any time in the day.More Details