- 1 lb of large sea scallops, side muscle removed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 small head of radicchio, shaved
- 1 small bulb of fennel, halved and cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas, sliced thin diagonally
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetables and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over high heat until almost smoking.
- Place the scallops in the pan, allowing some space in between. Cook for approximately two minutes until deep golden brown, flip and cook for another one to two minutes until deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately with the slaw.
Take your dinner party to the next level by pairing our Josh Cellars Rosé with our Seared Scallops with Orange-Scented Radicchio, Fennel & Snap Pea Slaw recipe. This crisp and refreshing wine has a delicious flavor profile of strawberry and white peach, with a hint of nectarine. Some of our other favorite wines to serve with this dish include:
Our Josh Cellars Rosé doesn’t just go well with scallops – we suggest also pairing it with summer salads, grilled fish, and chilled seafood.More Details