- 1 cup hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-3 garlic cloves depending on preference
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- Seeds from 1 small pomegranate (3/4 cup)
- 1 loose cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. While the oven is preheating, toast the hazelnuts until the skins blister, about 15 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a kitchen towel and let cool, rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts.
- Remove the brown outer leaves of the brussels sprouts. Using a mandolin or knife shred the Brussel sprouts so that they’re very thinly shredded.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, ground garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds and shaved cheese and toss well. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top and serve right away.
Our elegantly balanced Pinot Noir has lush cherry and strawberry flavors with a hint of lightly toasted oak.
We love pairing this wine with roasted turkey, soft cheeses like Brie or Comté, or hearty vegetables like sautéed mushrooms.More Details