- 1 medium navel orange, seeds removed, chopped, zest reserved for finishing
- 1 lb. fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 1 cup sugar 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 3″-long cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Place orange in a large saucepan and pour in cold water to come 1″ up sides of pan. Bring to a boil, then remove immediately from heat and drain orange in a mesh sieve or colander. Rinse under cold water; return to saucepan. Add cranberries, sugar, butter, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cook, stirring often. This is crucial to avoid scorching the cranberries and compromising the flavor. Continue this process until the cranberries burst, and the ingredients become incorporated and syrupy. The whole process should take approximately 12–15 minutes. Once plated garnish with orange zest.
- Get a loaf of ciabatta, and save the remaining sauce to make a spectacular Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich the next day!
Our Josh Cellars Pinot Noir pairs perfectly to any dish with Zesty Cranberry Sauce. Our elegantly balanced Pinot Noir has lush cherry and strawberry flavors with a hint of lightly toasted oak. This homemade Zesty Cranberry Sauce Recipe complements a variety of wines additionally, including:
- North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon
- Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Legacy Red Blend
If you need more inspiration for your meal, our Pinot Noir also pairs well with roasted turkey, soft cheeses like Brie or Comté, or hearty vegetables like sautéed mushrooms.More Details