Zesty Cranberry Sauce Recipe
“When you live in Cape Cod, a great cranberry sauce recipe is practically required. Mine is simple and nostalgic, like all my holiday celebrations.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
Just like choosing the perfect bottle of wine, homemade cranberry sauce can add the perfect touch to any meal. Our Zesty Cranberry Sauce recipe is easy-to-follow and pairs well with our Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon. This delicious sauce is sure to be a favorite from guests for the for the holidays and special occasions.
- 1 medium navel orange, seeds removed, chopped, zest reserved for finishing
- 1 lb. fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 1 cup sugar 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 3″-long cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Place orange in a large saucepan and pour in cold water to come 1″ up sides of pan. Bring to a boil, then remove immediately from heat and drain orange in a mesh sieve or colander. Rinse under cold water; return to saucepan. Add cranberries, sugar, butter, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cook, stirring often. This is crucial to avoid scorching the cranberries and compromising the flavor. Continue this process until the cranberries burst, and the ingredients become incorporated and syrupy. The whole process should take approximately 12–15 minutes. Once plated garnish with orange zest.
- Get a loaf of ciabatta, and save the remaining sauce to make a spectacular Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich the next day!