- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups of baby arugula
- 1/2 bulb fennel, trimmed and very thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 peaches, nectarines or plums, sliced
- Fresh Parmesan
- In a small lidded jar or bottle, combine the shallot, olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Seal and shake well to emulsify. Taste and adjust the oil, acid, or salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, fennel, and peaches. Drizzle with a bit of the dressing, toss to coat, and taste. Add more dressing if needed.
- To serve, shave wide curls of Parmesan over the salad if desired and garnish with fennel fronds.
We suggest pairing our hand-crafted Arugula with Shaved Fennel, Stone Fruit & Parmesan recipe with our Josh Cellars Chardonnay. Our Chardonnay combines tastes of honey and bright citrus, with hints of juicy peach and a touch of oak character, delivering a well-balanced wine that complements this pasta. If you want alternatives to Chardonnay, try some of our other wines that pair well with this dish:
Looking for other recipe ideas to pair with our Chardonnay? We also love it with shrimp, steamed mussels, creamy pastas, roasted chicken, and grilled vegetables.More Details