Lamb Chops a la Padilla Recipe
“A padilla is a heavy frying pan that can move from the cooktop straight into the oven. You can use cast iron or an oven-safe ceramic pan as well. Searing the lamb chops will lock in their flavor, and I like to serve them with wild mushroom risotto.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
Our team of experts curated our Lamb Chops a la Padilla to pair perfectly with our Josh Cellars wines, but our Chardonnay is our top recommendation. Making lamg chops is an occasion and make the moment even more special with a glass of our Chardonnay.
- 6 double rib lamb chops, each about 1 -inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, very finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish
- Balsamic Vinegar garnish
- Chiffonade of fresh mint
- Squeeze of lemon
- Place ribs in a single layer in a dish. Mix the vinegar, oil, anchovy paste, rosemary, and garlic together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture over the lamb chops, turning them over in the dish, then turning them back again so both sides become lightly coated with marinade.
- Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature for one hour. Preheat that Padilla or heavy pan, sear for approximately 4 minutes per side, and as you get to the end, baste with melted butter.
- Finish in a hot oven, 400 degrees for about 2 minutes, or when the internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Once done, plate with mushroom risotto or wilted spinach. Drizzle the plate with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish with finely chopped fresh mint. You can squeeze a drop of lemon juice.
With its hints of juicy peach and touch of oak character, our Josh Cellars Chardonnay complements the rich taste of our Lamb Chops a la Padilla. This wine has flavors of honey and bright citrus, making it a deliciously smooth and incredibly balanced wine. Other wines that pair well with this recipe include:
Want more meal pairing ideas for our Chardonnay? Our expert team love serving it alongside grilled vegetables, steamed mussels, shrimp, roasted chicken, and creamy pasta.More Details
Pairings You May Like
Our favorite dishes for every occasion