- 6 double rib lamb chops, each about 1 -inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, very finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish
- Balsamic Vinegar garnish
- Chiffonade of fresh mint
- Squeeze of lemon
- Place ribs in a single layer in a dish. Mix the vinegar, oil, anchovy paste, rosemary, and garlic together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture over the lamb chops, turning them over in the dish, then turning them back again so both sides become lightly coated with marinade.
- Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature for one hour. Preheat that Padilla or heavy pan, sear for approximately 4 minutes per side, and as you get to the end, baste with melted butter.
- Finish in a hot oven, 400 degrees for about 2 minutes, or when the internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Once done, plate with mushroom risotto or wilted spinach. Drizzle the plate with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish with finely chopped fresh mint. You can squeeze a drop of lemon juice.
With its hints of juicy peach and touch of oak character, our Josh Cellars Chardonnay complements the rich taste of our Lamb Chops a la Padilla. This wine has flavors of honey and bright citrus, making it a deliciously smooth and incredibly balanced wine. Other wines that pair well with this recipe include:
Want more meal pairing ideas for our Chardonnay? Our expert team love serving it alongside grilled vegetables, steamed mussels, shrimp, roasted chicken, and creamy pasta.More Details