Grilled Lobster Tails & Shellfish with Herb Butter Recipe
“There is no better pairing for our Sauvignon Blanc than this grilled shellfish platter. It is, hands down, the single best lobster recipe that I have ever tasted, and I look forward to cooking it every summer.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
Try our Grilled Lobster Tails & Shellfish with Herb Butter recipe to wow you guests at your next dinner party. Our team of experts crafted this recipe to pair wonderfully with many of our Josh Cellars wines, but our favorite is our Sauvignon Blanc.
- 2 large lobster tails, approximately 8-10 ounces each, split lengthwise
- 1 lb of mussels, scrubbed
- 1 lb of little necks, scrubbed
- 2 lemons, halved
- Oil for brushing
- Herb Butter:
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add shallots and cook until translucent.
- Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until the seafood is ready.
Lobster tails and shellfish:
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the cut side of the lobster tails and lemon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tails cut side down for approximately 5-7 minutes until dark grill marks have formed. Flip and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes until flesh is opaque and temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove lemons once dark marks have formed and add to a serving platter.
- Add the shellfish to the grill and cover. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes. Checking occasionally until the shellfish starts to open. As shellfish open, remove with tongs and add to the serving platter.
- NOTE: Mussels will cook faster than the clams.
- Continue to cook remaining shellfish for about 5-10 minutes more, discard any that remain unopened.
- Pour the butter sauce evenly over the plattered shellfish. Serve immediately. Squeeze lemon halves over the shellfish if desired.
Tie your meal together by pairing our Josh Cellars Sauvignon Blanc with our Grilled Lobster Tails and Shellfish with Herb Butter recipe. Our Sauvignon Blanc is sunshine in a glass. Aromatic and bright with a crisp, clean finish, this wine features flavors of lemon and kiwi and scents of green apple. Other wine pairings for this dish include:
Looking for other meals to pair our Sauvignon Blanc with? We love this wine with summer salads, grilled chicken, and seafood appetizers. Most of all, this wine complements simple and light foods all year long.More Details
Pairings You May Like
Our favorite recipes for any occasion