Grilled Pizza with Peaches and Arugula Recipe
“A good friend shared this recipe with me, and now it’s a Labor Day tradition. I love the caramelized flavor of grilled peaches and the sharp, surprising bitterness of baby arugula.” – Joseph Carr, Founder, Josh Cellars
If you are looking for the perfect summer recipe, then you’ll love our Grilled Pizza with Peaches and Arugula. This unique recipe was handcrafted by our experts to complement your glass of Josh Cellars wine. Ideal for any summer occasion, our Grilled Pizza with Peaches and Arugula is sure to impress.
- 1 lb pizza dough, brought to room temperature
- Olive oil
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Oil the peach halves and grill cut side down until nice dark grill marks have formed. Flip, and continue to cook for approximately two more minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice the peaches into approximately 1/2 inch thick slices and set aside.
- Lightly flour a large cutting board and divide the dough into two pieces. Stretch out one of the pieces of dough onto the board until it forms a circle approximately 8-9 inches in diameter. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Brush the surface of the dough with olive oil and place the dough on the grill, oil side down. Quickly brush the top of the dough with oil and close the lid.
- Cook the dough until dark grill marks form on the underside and the dough is set, approximately 4-5 minutes. Dough should be a deep golden brown color.
- Flip the dough and immediately divide the mozzarella between the the two pizzas.
- Sprinkle with the peach slices and blue cheese.
- Let cook a few minutes more until the mozzarella is bubbly. If the crust is getting too dark, turn off the grill. Remove pizza from the grill and sprinkle evenly with fresh arugula and balsamic glaze drizzle, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
While Grilled Pizza with Peaches and Arugula can be enjoyed with any wine, we recommend pairing it with our Josh Cellars Sauvignon Blanc. Our Sauvignon Blanc is sunshine in a glass. Aromatic and bright with a crisp, clean finish, this wine features flavors of lemon and kiwi and scents of green apple. This Grilled Pizza with Peaches and Arugula recipe also pairs well with:
In addition to Grilled Pizza with Peaches and Arugula, the Josh Cellars Sauvignon Blanc pairs beautifully with seafood appetizers, summer salads, and grilled chicken as well as light and simple foods all year long.More Details
Pairings You May Like
Our favorite recipes for any occasion