Light and aromatic, with a bright, pleasantly citrus taste complemented by the subtle bitterness of Aperol (a staple Italian bitter apéritif made of gentian, rhubarb, and cinchona), the Italian Spritz is an easy-to-make cocktail that deserves a place at the table for your next summer occasion.
- 3 oz. Josh Cellars Prosecco
- 2 oz. Aperol
- 1 dash soda water
- 1 fresh orange slice, for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice, making sure the glass is nearly full
- Add the Aperol and Prosecco to the glass and stir
- Top with a splash of soda
- Garnish with an orange slice
Make It Your Own
The classic spritz is made with equal parts Prosecco and Aperol, but we love a 3:2 ratio as it allows our Prosecco to enhance the bitterness of the Italian apéritif with notes of green apple, pear, and citrus in a way that makes for easy, everyday drinking throughout the hot summer months.
Looking for Other Classic Summer Cocktails?
Make this season full of occasions to remember with our collection of classic cocktails sure to shake up your everyday: