- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups fresh peas (frozen will work)
- ¼ cup good quality chicken stock
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf rustic bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to broil. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the peas and swirl to coat them in the butter, then add the chicken stock. Bring the stock to a simmer and cook for a minute or two, just until the peas turn bright green. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer half the peas to a bowl and set aside. Put the remaining peas and their cooking liquid in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and continue to process until smooth. Add Parmesan and season with salt and pepper; puree to combine. Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Lay the sliced bread on a baking sheet and toast in the broiler until just beginning to brown on the edges. Spread a dollop of the pea puree over the toasts and smear to the edges. Top each bruschetta with a generous sprinkling of the reserved barely-cooked peas and shaved Parmesan; garnish with fresh mint.
We suggest pairing our Sweet Pea Bruschetta with Parmesan and Mint with our Josh Cellars Prosecco. Our Prosecco celebrates Italy’s beauty with refreshing effervescence and flavors of green apple, pear and citrus with a touch of sweetness. If you’d like alternatives to Prosecco, try some of our other wines that complement this dish:
Looking for other recipe ideas to pair with our Prosecco? We love to enjoy it with prosciutto and melon, eggs benedict, Thai noodles, or peach galette.More Details