Deep Dish Goat Cheese, Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
Looking for a delicious brunch recipe to impress Mom this Mother’s Day? Look no further than this Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche recipe! Made with a buttery pastry crust and a rich and savory filling of spinach, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes, this deep-dish quiche is the perfect centerpiece for your Mother’s Day brunch spread. Paired with a chilled glass of Josh Cellars Prosecco sparkling wine, this dish is sure to make Mom feel loved and appreciated on her special day. Learn how to make this tasty quiche with our step-by-step recipe below.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 packages (approximately 10 oz. each) frozen spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- Make the pastry by adding the flour, butter, olive oil and salt to a food processor. Pulse a few times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With the machine running, slowly add the ice water through the feed tube until a dough ball forms. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a circle large enough to fit in a deep-dish tart pan with a removable bottom. Place the pastry in the pan, poke several holes in the bottom with the tines of a fork and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool while making the filling.
- To make the filling, add the olive oil and diced shallot to a large skillet. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until the shallots become translucent. Stir in the spinach and remove from the heat to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, salt, ground black pepper, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir in the spinach and shallot mixture and pour into the par-baked tart shell.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the dough is lightly golden brown and the center is set. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
Our crisp and refreshing Prosecco sparking wine makes the perfect pairing with this tasty quiche. Learn more about the lightly sweet Prosecco here.More Details
Pairings you may like
Our favorite dishes for every occasion